Position Title: Communications Assistant
Location: Prince George, BC (remote possible)
Duration: part-time, contract (10-15 hrs/week)
Resonant Strategic is hiring a Communications Assistant to support with producing communications materials for clients. Do you love words and/or images? Do you like creating social media content? Then this job might be for you.
The Communications Assistant will help deliver clear messages for clients and Resonant Strategic across all channels. There’s room to grow in this role.
- Preparing and sending Resonant’s Daily Media Roundup to clients (Monday-Friday);
- Assisting with the production of communications copy (e.g. press releases, scripts, social media posts, website copy, and more);
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations and reports;
- Researching communications, campaigning, and public relations topics;
- Supporting the Resonant Strategic team with other communications activities as required.
Ideal Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent verbal, written, and web-based communication skills;
- Proficient in MS Office/Google platforms;
- Knowledge of digital and social media;
- Able to take initiative and work independently while also working with others;
- Minimum of one year of university or college in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, political science, First Nations studies, or another related field;
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Knowledge of First Nations in BC is an asset;
- Experience with video production and/or graphic design is an asset;
- Familiarity with WordPress or working with websites is an asset;
Who We Are
Resonant Strategic develops communications strategies and products with First Nations, Tribal Councils, non-profit organizations, unions, and advocacy groups. We work to decolonize Canada, implement progressive policy, and make stuff better. Resonant meets our clients where they’re at, helps them set strategic goals, and works with them on achieving those goals.
Led by Andreas Krebs, Resonant Strategic brings together a network of diverse specialists with extensive experience in strategy, communications, message crafting, training, and organizational development. Our key team members are located within the unceded traditional territory of the Lheidli T’enneh First Nation in Prince George, British Columbia.
Click here to upload your cover letter, resume, and writing sample.
Note: Resonant Strategic is an equal opportunity employer. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to self-identify in their cover letter.